Rifts were the equivalent of Glyphs, but instead of revealing a second Truth video, they simply relayed the message "The miracle is in the execution" over the apparent ultrasound of an unborn child, along with the inclusion of an executable file.
Unlike Glyphs, Rifts could not be seen or accessed without the use of Eagle Vision. Ezio Auditore da Firenze had to grab the edge of a Rift, whilst using Eagle Vision, and climb into it.
- Inside the Pantheon, on the wall right above the main entrance. Ezio could obtain this cluster by entering the Pantheon through freerunning up the wall nearest the entrance and then walking around and jumping on it.
- On the western tower near the left dome.
- At the very top, northern side of the Colosseo, just west of the view point. It was on the outside wall, and Ezio could use the Colosseo's buy landmark sign as a point of reference, as the rift was almost exactly above that.
- Near the small town where Leonardo frequently was located, on the north side of aqueduct. Ezio could climb onto the top of the aqueduct and then drop down over the side to reach it. It was very close to the Borgia tower but on the opposite side of the aqueduct.
- On the Borgia tower facing north towards the city.
- East side of the wall, on the outside of the perimeter, facing the aqueduct.
- In the inner courtyard where Octavian de Valois was assassinated, on the eastern wall.