- ——刽子手, 在一名年轻女人的刑场上[来源]
Il Carnefice (1473 – 1500)是圣殿骑士组织的一名成员， 也是15世纪末16世纪初时期罗马的死刑执行者。
在2012年，他的遗传记忆被圣殿骑士组织-阿布斯泰戈工业公司（Abstergo Industries）作为阿姆尼斯（Animi Avatar）新人训练的第一阶段内容之一, 标题是死刑执行者。
- “大家都认为，虽然死刑执行者热爱他们的工作，但在工作时，他们戴面具避免被认出。Il Carnifice却不这样.他如同热爱工作那样热爱面具。”
- ——菲奥拉 卡瓦扎.[来源]
On one such instance, she brought him a list containing Cesare's next condemnations. Upon studying it, Il Carnefice acted serious, telling Fiora that her name was one of those listed, though he quickly revealed that he was only playing a prank on her and admitted that he could not read.
While under the Borgia, Il Carnefice performed any execution assigned to him with both enthusiasm and brutality, often chopping off the body parts of his victims and displaying them to his approving audience.
Fiora once described him as a beast, one she found more disgusting than intimidating.
- “Word has gone out that a peasant is resisting arrest. We will show him how things operate under the Borgia.”
- ——One of Il Carnefice's guards.[来源]
In 1500, Il Carnefice forced himself onto a woman named Livia, only to have her hanged afterwards. The woman's husband later mourned her death, but was unable to remove her body from the noose at the threat of being executed by Il Carnefice himself.
Despite the threat, the man remained by her corpse mourning her, resulting in Il Carnefice sending several of his guards to arrest the grieving husband.
This caught the attention of the Assassin Ezio Auditore, who decided to aid the man by rescuing him from the guards. Upon hearing the man's sad tale, he gently instructed him to take his wife's body down when he was ready, and assured him that he would take care of Il Carnefice once and for all.
True to his word, Ezio infiltrated Il Carnefice's cliffside house in the northwest Centro district, where he was discussing his latest kill with an associate of his. Ezio then swiftly assassinated him from above with his Hidden Blade, bringing the executions of many innocent citizens to a halt.
- "Il Carnefice" simply translates to "The Executioner."
- Il Carnefice fought like a Brute when encountered.
- In the single-player, Il Carnefice's axe was not the same one that his counterpart used in the Animi Training Program. Instead, it was a Bearded axe, a common weapon that was wielded by Brutes and could be bought from blacksmiths.
- Il Carnefice was the first Templar agent to be encountered in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and was one of the three that Ezio had to kill in a main story memory, with the others being Malfatto and Silvestro Sabbatini.